Today's a waiting game. Most of this part of the state and into Nebraska is under a tornado watch. It's significantly cooler here, and that wind is STILL howling. The clouds are moving in different directions depending on their heights, so I've resolved to ride it out here unless I can figure out a ride to the rest stop near Sterling.
I've also learned that there was a tornado near Greeley this morning or early afternoon. A pretty large one that flipped semis etc. In case you don't know, Greeley was my original starting point and/ or destination because the ADT runs close to there. More severe storms are forecast for the area today, so tonight promises to be interesting. If I need to, I found a tunnel that runs beneath I-76 that will probably flood, but will protect from wind perfectly. Not TOO keen on that idea, but it's a last resort. This all makes we wonder about the wisdom of heading into the Plains. Maybe I should just head north NOW, then toward Oregon? That, by the way, has become my pseudo-destination...eventually.
I haven't done much other than tear down the site, charge the phone at the city park, and hike to the library. The REAL events of the day are yet to come...